Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thoughts While Driving Home From Oregon

1. I've heard that some people know instinctively if their lives will end early. Some people just know they're not going to last long. I wonder if Jonathan Larson was one of those people. And if he was, I wonder if facing his mortality helped him to get "Rent" out of his head and onto paper. Because if it did, I would consider trying to get in touch with my own mortality a little bit better, even though it scares me. And I'm not even hoping for "Rent," per say, I think I'd be happy if I could come up with some original "La Vie Boheme."

2. There's signs all along the freeway warning cars not to pass snow plows on the right. I catch myself thinking that maybe they should take all the signs down and let natural selection take care of that problem. I bet that way we could give out some more Darwin Awards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those signs are for people like me who have NEVER lived in the snow before. I don't even know what a real snow plow looks like. I've only seen those trucks with a bulldozer type attachment in movies. There is a lot I'm going to learn in the next four years, and half of it has nothing to do with medicine!

SSFB

Chelsee said...

Remember that something had to have happened to make them put up those signs in the first place! Here's your sign! :)