Saturday, September 19, 2009

Enjoying Jay's Time Off

On Sept. 15, Jay and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. Up until now our anniversaries have gone by fairly unnoticed because we always had to work, and last year Reagan was still so new there wasn't too much celebrating. This year, Jay took a week off from both of his jobs and we've gotten to enjoy the whole week together. We've gone to the zoo, to an Australian Pink Floyd concert, to the Utah State Fair, and Chelsee even watched the girls overnight so we could have our first night alone ever. Our first one since Kameryn was born. It's been a good week.
Here are some pictures from the zoo:(I know that I'm fairly predictable because anytime we go to the zoo I blog the pictures from it, but Look! Baby elephants and giraffes! And Kameryn has a special soft spot in her heart for all the animals. The zoo is one of her favorite places in the world.)

On our anniversary we watched our wedding video (done by Moment By Moment, who I will shamelessly promote because they did such a good job!) and it was so much fun to remember that day; how nerve-wracking it was at first and how beautiful everything turned out. I'm grateful that I met Jay and that we still have so much fun together after 5 years married and 2 crazy kids. I love my family so much!

5 comments:

L Chang said...

Congratulations you two! Marriage is awesome!

Abby said...

Glad you had such a fun break! I've been wondering why I haven't heard nary a peep from you in the last week or so, because I totally forgot about your staycation! Congrats on a great marriage, deary.

Chelsee said...

It looks like you had a great time! Your pictures are really cute! Look at the baby elephant! I loved it too when Kameryn came in to see me at work and told me about all the animals she saw and the rides she got to go on at the fair. It was a piece of cake to watch your girls for the night. I hope you enjoyed your night away, even if you did fail to mention that you cried a little. :) Love you!

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

Congrats on the 5 year mark! It is amazing to me how fast time goes. Your pictures are so fun and cute and I think you have an amazing little family. I hope I get to see you at Christmas time.

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

Congrats on the 5 year mark!! What a cute family!!!