Saturday, April 07, 2012

Baltimore

Not long after I started my current job the neurologist for whom I work started saying he wanted to train me to do nerve conduction studies to help him out. We talked about it a lot, and I told him I was interested, and I even started reading materials on it and practicing on Jay. (Jay is such a good sport!) But then we got so busy it fell by the wayside.

Until recently.

At the end of March we found a class on April 21 and 22. In Baltimore, Maryland. And last week we found out the hospital agreed to pay for me to fly out and take the class. So a few days later I registered for the class and paid for my flight and hotel! And now I'm a week and a half away from flying across the country by myself!

I'm both excited and REALLY nervous! But this was one of my goals on my list of 28 goals for this year, so I'm excited to get to check off such a big goal so early!

5 comments:

Kimba said...

yeah!! i'm so glad you get to finally train, and what a bonus that it includes a fun little "business trip"! :) you get to read all by yourself uninterrupted on a plane while someone brings you drinks and snacks!! that's cause for celebration, right there. :)

Kristen said...

yay! congratulations! let us know how it goes!

Kae Loy said...

I am so proud of you, Kjersti! I wish you well on your trip and in your training. I like the idea of you getting a raise, too! You will make yourself irreplaceable to your doctor's practice. I will be thinking of you on the 21st, 22nd. Let me know how it goes!

Allie said...

I know you're going to wake up in the hotel, turn on your ipod, and sing, "Goodmorning, Baltimore!"

Danae said...

Is it bad I'm more excited for you that you get to take a trip than the actual training you'll be getting? ;) Maybe I just don't understand what it means, but I'll all for your doctors helping you get ahead in your career. HAVE FUN!! :)