Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Slow Runner

So yesterday I heard the saying "A man running a race who finds he is in last place has two choices. He can either quit, or he can run faster." I know it's kinda lame but I really liked it. I think it's something I'm gonna have to keep in mind on Monday when I go back to work. I said during my pregnancy that I didn't want having a baby to keep me from the job I had gone to school for, but I still find myself HATING the thought of going back just because when Kameryn's not around I miss her. So I guess I have to be like the guy in the race and make the best of my situation and think of it in the best way I can. At least I'm willing to sacrifice to provide for my daughter, and maybe I can stay home with her when she's a little bit older and I have my next baby. Though, to be perfectly honest, the thought of getting pregnant again right now is even a little bit more horrible than the thought of going back to work. :)

2 comments:

Kimba said...

I like this quote as well, and I know exactly how you feel - about not wanting to go to work though. :) Okay, not exactly, I don't want to go to work because I hate the work, you don't want to go because you love your daughter. :) Maybe when she's a bit older you can strap on those baby bjorn's and take her with you! :) 3 weeks, two days....

Allie said...

I'm excited for you to get back to work, K! It's about damn time if you ask me. (Just because I want to use you, not because I don't want you to be with Kameryn).
Love ya!