I have to have some Dental work done, my appointment isn't until next Tuesday and I'm in pain for the meantime. I'm trying to control it with Advil and walking the line of never wanting to feel my throbbing tooth but also not wanting to overdose or hurt my stomach. Yesterday was the worst, probably because I finally went into the dentist and I somehow bulit it up in my mind that I just needed to wait for the appointment and the pain would be gone, only to have them take an X-ray, give me a prescription for Amoxicillan and send me on.
So at one point last night I just started crying. I consider myself pretty tough, but constant throbbing pain and feeling like there was nothing else I could do to help it left me feeling helpless. While the tears were coming down my face Kami ran over from where she was playing, climbed up on me and held my face in both her hands, wanting me to look at her. Then once I calmed down she hugged me and gave me kisses and wouldn't go play again until she was sure I was okay.
It's such an amazing feeling to love my little girl SO MUCH, and always be so proud of her and then realize on nights like tonight how much she's looking out for me, too. The best she can without saying a word.
5 comments:
I am sorry you are in so much pain. If you want, you can come over and lie on my bed. You can even get under the covers if you want. I will get you something hot to drink and some yummy Tylenol and see if I can help you feel better. I love you.
Hope you feel better! Advil every 4 hours unless it is extra strength, then do what the bottle says. Kami is too cute, but wouldn't it have been hilarious if as she held your face in her hands, if she said "oh chit!"
SSFB
That's horrible! I hope you're feeling better! How cute is Kami, though?! Love that shirt in the picture too. :)
CUTE! I know how that feels. I hope that you get that taken care of soon. Root canals suck. :(
It's like I said the other day in my telephone message (that you never got because SOMEONE at your office didn't leave there for you to listen to) that sometimes all I want to help me feel better is to see Kameryn. Who can be upset when there is such a beautiful, smart, inspirational little girl around? I love these little ones!
Post a Comment