I've completely slacked on doing my monthly love letters to my sweet girl the last few months, even though she learns something new and still amazes me with it everyday. Just quickly I wanted to write about some of her most recent accomplishments, though most of them are small, and I will post some pictures of her later on. I've been waiting to post until I had pictures to go along with it, but the "rechargeable" batteries in our camera refuse to charge so we don't have any.
Lately Kameryn is learning and saying a bunch of new words. Possibly her most recent is "Elmo," thanks in part to a daily dose of Sesame Street and in part to the Extreme Elmo Jay's brother got her for Christmas. She loves Extreme Elmo and carries him around with her, but when you press his belly he laughs and shakes AND, as if the laughing and pulsating weren't enough, he throws himself onto his back, kicks his legs, waves his arms and then stands himself up again. Every time he does it Kameryn feels bad for him, thinking he must be hurting himself, so she goes to great lengths to avoid his belly at all costs.
Possibly her favorite new word is "Blue," which she says constantly because she's developed a strong, personal love for "Blue's Clue's" the T.V. show. It was kinda cute at first, and now that she's watching the tapes several times a day and Jay and I both unconsciously sing the songs even when she's NOT watching it, it's not as cute anymore. There is one part in the main song that she sings along to, we know because he pauses several times and she pauses with him, and I am very proud of her because I take it as proof that she's got my sense of rhythm and not her dad's, which is better for everyone.
Yesterday I was asking Kami to point out Elmo's mouth and nose and eyes, and I knew she knows all of those plus she can point out ears and hair, but all the sudden Jay started asking her to point out her hands, fingers, feet, toes, and her knees. And SHE DID. I don't know where I've been, but I had no idea she knew all of that, and in addition, Jay and I don't know where she learned it from! She's definitely a smart one.
A couple nights ago Kameryn kissed my belly, out of nowhere. My thoughts that she'll be incredibly jealous of her younger sibling are still there, but I'm not as worried about it as I was at first. I'm getting excited, I think she'll love to have someone to play with and someone to teach things to. Someone to dance with.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kameryn is our little sweetheart. She is so cute. At my house, she goes into the kitchen, opens a cupboard where I keep water mugs and does this pretend bartending. She pours imaginary water into all the mugs and distributes them to all of us standing around her. We pretend to drink whatever is in the mug and the routine starts over again. She is genuinely delighted when she does this and has the happiest expression on her face. She is a doll.
That is so cute!! Kameryn is the cutest little girl ever! I love being around her!
Post a Comment