Right now I really hope that's happened to someone else so people aren't reading this thinking "Psycho!"
Anyway, the pre-haircut hair-admiration is the point I'm at in my job right now. My job that will be ending in a week. A four day work week. Right now I'm working, trying hard to teach someone else how to do my job and thinking, "Man, I'm really good at this." I see how she's struggling to pick it up and remember when I was that way, and it's easy to see how far I've come. I wish moments of clarity and acceptance like this didn't always come at the end of things.
I'm excited and anxious about the huge change that I'm about to make. I have a ton of ideas about what being a stay at home mom will be like, and I'm hoping that I'm able to accomplish even half of what I want to do. I hope it will be as good and fulfilling as I imagine it to be. And I also think I'll find it harder than I expect it to be.
I didn't EVER see myself wanting to be a stay at home mom. But I also didn't realize how much I would want to spend every minute with these two:
8 comments:
A new adventure is on the horizon, and that is always scary, because it's different from what you're used to.
I wish you the best in this important step you are taking!
I am so happy for you but so envious.
Don't hold that against me :)
Comfort yourself with the thought that you can always go back to working if staying at home isn't as fulfilling as you imagine it will be. Some decisions are final and change your life forever. But others are just like tasting strawberry after already trying blueberry. I know it will mean a lot to your girls to have you home with them, but it doesn't have to be a "final" decision. Just stay flexible and open to continuing circumstances.
I'm really excited for you! I know we just talked about it, but I am. And you're totally right, it is wonderful and hard. But I can tell you that I've never regretted it for one moment. Everyone is different of course, but I think you'll love it. Who wouldn't want to be with those girls?! :) Look at 'em...
My tip? If things are crazy, I try and pick one thing to get done that day. Be it dishes, laundry, or brushing my teeth. :)
There is a lovely word for the place you are right now:
Threshold.
I love that word.
I am very excited for you! I agree whole-heartedly with Mom. You can do ANYTHING. Staying home is a wonderful thing. It takes sacrifice. Working is also a sacrifice. I think you'll do great at whichever you decide to do! And for now, just enjoy those sweet little girls because they will grow quickly!
I am so happy for you! Maybe now when I come down to Bountiful I can come visit you!
Good luck Kjersti!! And hey. maybe when your staying home all day, SOMEONE WILL REMEMBER TO FEED REAGAN!!
Post a Comment