Kameryn's very first birthday present was actually something Jay and I got her the night before so we could set it up and have it ready. Kameryn could hardly wait, and everything we pulled out of the bag HAD to be the fish, right? Pink rocks? Were the fish in there? A heater? With fish, right? We didn't know if fish were going to be a good idea, we thought Kami might ignore them or not get too excited about them. Instead we got the total opposite reaction, of "You mean to tell me we have a fish tank with no fish?! And we have to go to bed and wake up tomorrow before we can get the fish?! What is WRONG with you people?!" (Jay was the one who bought the tank and everything that goes with it. If I had been the one picking things out I definitely would've gotten a little plastic castle for it. I added that for the 2 people who read my blog and will get the reference.)
Eating M&Ms with her Superman balloon. I'm so proud.
Pondering the life of a 3 year old. Surrounded by various treats and the card from Aunt Nolana.
We had planned to have a barbeque with Jay's parents for Kami's birthday, but Jay's mom was diagnosed with pneumonia earlier in the day, so that plan was nixed at the last minute. So after Jay got home we went to dinner, got some fish! Finally! And we had her blow out her candles. Not wanting to use the sheet cake we bought for just the three of us we used a red velvet cake we already had in the fridge. Kami blew her candles out, asked to do it again, did it a second and a third time, and then we went to bed without actually eating any cake.
On Saturday we had a BBQ at Allie's house to celebrate. I attempted to do Kameryn's hair, and when I finished and she looked in the mirror she exclaimed, "I look like a mouse!" I did take pictures of her hair with a shirt on, but I chose this one because her face in this looks EXACTLY like a picture of Chelsee when she was younger. EXACTLY.
Opening a present from Danae.
Paintbrushes!
Paint! And play dough! And more paint to paint a cow bank! Crayons! And a coloring book!
Pumpkin quizzing Kami on colors.
5 comments:
From your totally abstract picture of your fish it looks like you got guppies. If they don't live long or you decide you want more; we have about four fish tanks full of guppies that you can have you choice from. haha Kim would be so proud; a fellow horse lover!! You must be raising her right. lol HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMI.
You're right, we did get her guppies. Thank you for the offer, we may need to take you up on it!
Cute pictures! I like your being at home more with your girls, especially since it seems to mean I get to read more of your blogs.
Uh, no. It does not get any better than that. Unless of course, you have more babies!!!
You lucky girl.
Love the abstract fish.
I think Kami was the cutest little 3 year-old ever!! I didn't quite get the 'mouse' effect after you did her hair, but who am I to question?? If she says she is a mouse... she is indeed a mouse. :) I love the picture of her holding the Starbucks cup... can't get over what an 'adult' she already is.
Post a Comment