I love making New Years Resolutions. I understand that, really, they are just goals that you make at a particular time of year, and you can make goals anytime. But there's something about New Years resolutions that make them seem more possible than just a regular goal. More exciting.
I read this post by my friend Kim and loved it. Her entire blog is amazing, but this one post really spoke to me. This year I also found a quote that I'm trying to incorporate into my year. It was said by Oprah, which in my mind is both a pro and a con, but I liked it anyway.
"Devote today to something so daring even you can't believe you're doing it."
I'm trying to keep it in mind but start out small. Like Kim, I'm just trying to shake things up a little bit and try to do one thing every day that normally I would talk myself out of. Whether it be a big thing, or a little thing, or just waking up in the morning to go to the gym when I really would rather sleep. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to spend an entire day working toward something daring. But right now I'm just working on the little things.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It will be fun to see what 'daring' things you come up with to do! Go get em', tiger.
Awesome! I also need to make some "small steps" to reach those goals that I have that seem far to big to achieve. Thanks for the extra encouragement!
Can't wait to see what you come up with! Love you!
I love that quote from Albert Einstein Kim found. Being insane still works for some people though. lol Let me know what kind of resolutions you made okay? Love you Kjersti. <3
Post a Comment