
(I know this picture is blurry but it reminds me so much of one of Chelsee's baby pictures that I love it!)
Kameryn is at this really interesting period of discovering herself and she's starting to learn how to move her body intentionally. Her personality is starting to really show. Sometimes that fact is a little bit difficult because she'll fuss just because she wants to be held by someone walking around instead of someone sitting down, and it's not as easy to appease her when she really wants something. However, I love it, too, because she laughs A LOT. She smiles when she recognises people and she is so content to watch her hands or play with her feet.
Now that she's getting a bit older, I'm getting less paranoid about her. A little bit. I'm still over the top, but just not quite as bad as before. I've been slowly trying to get her to sleep in her crib more and more often, and she seems to allow it from bedtime till about 2 in the morning. At that point all she wants is to be with me, and I come get her and bring her to bed with me. I know that I should make her sleep in her crib the entire night, that my getting her out of bed when she cries is just re-inforcing that behavior, but the truth is, I'm just as bad as she is. Maybe worse. I like her with me. But we're still trying to do the crib thing. We just do it a little at a time.
Thankfully, as she gets older other people are getting more comfortable with her, too. Namely Steve who agreed to hold her not too long ago when they came up. Kameryn was really good for him, and now just watches him anytime they're in a room together, smiling at him when he looks at her. It's like she had been waiting for it as long as we had!

I've said it before, Kameryn is a total daddy's girl. Sometimes, despite his hair...

But I love it because she's also a mommy's girl. The smiles I get when I come home from work make it so fun to come home. And I love being with her because it makes me feel like a kid again, too. It's fun to delight in her little accomplishments and watch her become more and more aware of the world around her. Except that pretty soon she'll be crawling...and then it's a whole new game. Thankfully, it's been getting better and better the older she gets.
4 comments:
That's IT!!!!! I'm coming home! Look at how cute she is!!! I LOVE the pictures, PLEASE post more!! :) I love when you describe her personality too, as the last time I saw her, she was so young! Holy crap, she's getting big. Okay, that settles it. I'm coming home in October! I was feelin' all guilty about the money and stuff with our upcomming move - but screw it. :) Right?!?!
Cute cute cute!!! I love pictures of Kameryn! I am sure that you know that since I take a million too. I thought it was really interesting how at Lindsay's bridal shower how she would basically only let me and you hold her for extended periods of time. I love her so much and she is usually pretty good for me. "We're friends." :)
Every parent does think his or her baby is the Best One. I know I did, and still DO! As Kameryn gets older, Kjersti, you will find that the spectrum gets broader in both directions: when she learns to crawl, you have more joy and more to put up with; when she learns to walk, it grows in both directions; when she learns to talk, it grows in both directions; when she goes to school, when she learns to drive, when she gets married, etc. Your experience will grow beyond your wildest imagination. And then it multiplies with every child you have, because none of them are the same. Your pride will grow, like mine has and your love will grow, like mine has. There is nothing like having children. Some people can't handle the intensity of emotions growing in both directions, but other people gain patience and purpose and wisdom from it. As you say, life just becomes a whole new ballgame. Danae is next! It won't be long now.
I've been reading A LOT of parenting and baby books lately, and I think there is nothing wrong with picking up your baby and holding her when she wants to be with you. I can see how someone would say you're reinforcing that behavior, but from what I've read, loving and holding your baby when they cry teaches them that you're their safety net, and that the world is a good place. I like the idea of letting my son know that I'm there for him when he needs me, and that he doesn't need to be afraid or sit in his crib and cry. What lesson can you really teach them at 4 1/2 months by making them stay there? I definitely think Kameryn feels the love you and Jay have for her, and that's why she's such a happy, charming baby.
Good luck at the contest! I hope you win! And if you do, remember your sister who encourages you... and bring me back a rad present from NY! :)
Post a Comment