Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A+

While flipping through the channels tonight I stopped on Channel 7, as they usually have some pretty interesting topics and I need something interesting to get me through until Kameryn FINALLY falls asleep. Tonight they were talking about teen suicide, which is obviously a pretty dark topic. Well, outside the place where doctors are discussing it, there's a protest going on. I think some people have a need to protest things in their blood, that's the only thing I can come up with for this one. And a woman is proudly holding up a sign that says, "SUICIDE IS SELF MURDER."
Thanks for helping me with that one, buddy. You don't want to mess with this woman's fire. You'll get burned.

4 comments:

Kimba said...

See, and I thought those people only lived in Oregon. :) HA! See what you learn Kjersti!??! TV is such an important part of our lives....

Danae said...

This is a sad topic... A friend of mine and I were talking about how if you don't put down a dog that is suffering and in pain, you're considered inhumane. But, if you're a doctor who wants to help a dying patient go that extra step, you're a murderer. Why the double standard? I know teen suicide isn't quite the same as someone who is already dying, but it's an interesting thought to ponder on.

Chelsee said...

Here's your sign, oh wait... you already have one! Brilliant people. Don't you love them?

-Wes- said...

Alaska has a really high suicide rate. In my short three years I've been up here, a few people I've come into contact with have done it. Not the people I would have suspected either. One person who was well respected in the community with a sucessful job. I've even reported in the newspaper on one person who committed suicide at a local bar.

My problem with most suicides is that someone else has to clean up the mess. That's not a very nice thing to do to someone, usually a loved one.