Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Being Stubborn

So, there are some facts I know about myself. One is that once I make a decision, good or bad, I tend to jump in with both feet. Only after I've given something my all do I really step back to decide if it was a good decision or not.
Another thing I know about myself is that if you approach me in the wrong way, even with good advice, my impulse is to rebel. My dad told me once I have a "Yes or No" personality, and when I have a hard time seeing the gray areas to things, and this is a time I know he's right. If you push me too hard one way, I like to go to the other extreme. It may be childish, and I totally acknowledge that, but it doesn't make it any less true.
I would like to think the beautiful part about friendships is that they're genuine. And when someone tells me that I need to be friends with this person or that person OR ELSE, it doesn't make me want to embrace the person at all. It makes me want to avoid them. And if my intentions are miscommunicated, it doesn't mean that they're not good intentions.
Maybe I should think twice before I work in an office full of girls again.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Girls are trouble, that's for sure. Especially when you have to be nice to them to keep your job! Good luck! :) Don't forget those cupcakes...

Abby said...

UGH! What happened now?! If it's any consolation, I ran crying to the bathroom today.
That's never happened before, except for when Brian called me at work to tell me that Elmo died.
Girls suck. Except us. And even then, sometimes we suck, too.