Monday, July 07, 2008

Keeping It Simple

Lately I'm really trying to slow down and appreciate my life the way it is now, since there's a giant countdown to the day my life will change again forever, and that day isn't too far off. I'm really trying to appreciate the time I have with Kameryn, just her and me. She's getting so big and so smart and can say so much that I know it's going to be hard starting over again with a newborn. I know my sweet girl will help me all she can, though, and while I know that she's going to be jealous sometimes, I think over-all she's going to be an amazing big sister. I hope it can develop into a type of relationship like Wes and Allie have, just without the bottle stealing.

Tonight it was fun putting Kameryn in the "tubbit," which it the word she has invented for the tub, and we don't quite know why she adds the extra syllable. Tonight she was singing a song about getting into the tub, which sounded a lot like, "Tubbit! ad dah and a ma Soap! an bah and a Water! a la and a Bubbles!" I was using a rag to get her hair wet while she was playing her usual game of "Throw the Soap in the Tub and then dig through the bubbles to find it" and she got mad at me. "No hair wet, Mommy!" And then she took the cup we have in there for her, filled it to the top and dumped the water on her head. Totally shocked by what she had done to herself, she sat there panting a little bit, and then yelled, "I DID IT!" and started laughing. Her sweet little stories make me so happy. And I know that soon I'm not going to remember really well what life was like before Reagan, but when I do, I hope it's the fun stories like this I remember best, even though they're simple.

6 comments:

Little Momma said...

Nothing will make you realize how much Kameryn has grown up and how much she has learned like having another baby. You go to the hospital for a day or two and you come home to a little girl you hardly recognize. You will also understand why Barbara Kingsolver wrote that a mother looks after her children from the youngest up. You have to rely on the older ones to have learned some skills of their own to take care of themselves. You can't possibly spread yourself thin enough to meet all the needs of all your children. At least I never could. It is good that you are appreciating the time you get to spend with just Kameryn.

Kimba said...

Cute!!! She has such a funny little personality, I'm excited to see what Regan's personality will be like.

Abby said...

You will take to another baby like a duck to water, my friend. Or like Kameryn to the tubbit!
I'm so excited to see your new little one!

-Wes- said...

It was a great pleasure to see how much Kameryn has grown up since the last time I saw her. She really has a wonderful, fun and playful personality.

Chelsee said...

She is so cute! I love her to death! I can't wait to meet your new little one too.

Danae said...

Oh, I miss seeing you guys! I know Kameryn doesn't hate me since she usually insists on calling Allison by my name, but I also feel like I'm not as close to her as the others, or as close as I USED to be. I want another baby so bad... I'll be over at your house holding Reagan ALL THE TIME! It'll give you plenty of time to still bond with Kameryn. :)