Sunday, February 08, 2009

Waiting on the Weather...

So, a couple weeks ago I gave my job notice that I'll be leaving when the weather gets warm. Jay makes enough when he's working at his seasonal job that we've decided I'll stay home with our girls. I know that it's a risky thing to do with the economy the way it is, and I realize that I may be home a couple months and then asking my current job if they'll take me back, but it's worth it to me to try. Which is a little surprising, because growing up I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom. I kinda resented the idea of it. But come on, how could I know back then how much you miss your babies when you have to leave them for 8 hours? How could I know that your kids immediately become the people you don't want to be away from for any substantial amount of time?
So I know I'm leaving, but I don't know when. And because of that, it doesn't feel real at all. Especially now when it warms up a little bit and then snows the next day. But I'm looking forward to the transition and excited about what it will mean for me.
Thank you for everyone that I've told so far that's supported me. Like I said, I know it's risky. But I also think it's exactly the right thing for me right now.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Way to go! And hey, it's not like if it doesn't work out you can't work again. It's all about having options. I am excited for you.

Chelsee said...

Have you decided anything about shifts on Mondays yet? I'm excited for you to be home more often so maybe I can see you more!! :)

Liv said...

Good luck with the transition! I'm excited for you.

Danae said...

Hoo-ray! We should pick a day a week that Isaac gets to come hang out. We'll see how things go and if you can handle it... I think it would be great for the cousins to play!