Friday, May 08, 2009

Moments I Would've Missed #1, #2 and #3

The week before I was officially off work I had a day off that I spent cleaning and making dinner and watching my girls. And it was kinda awful. The rooms I cleaned were dirty again within minutes, the dishes I washed were used for dinner and then just sitting there, waiting to be washed again. And my girls. Reagan is at a stage right now where she wants to be held CONSTANTLY. But Kameryn doesn't want to be ignored, so she wants me to hold HER constantly. So when I'm not holding them, they're both at my feet, begging to be held. And if I'm holding one, the other is at my feet crying at the injustice of it all.

At the end of the day I couldn't help but think I had made a terrible mistake quitting my job. How could I handle that all day, every day?

I came up with the idea of taking pictures of things during the day that I would've missed if I was at work. The little, sweet things that aren't particularly newsworthy, but that make you smile. And they started immediately.

#1: I was trying to get the three of us out the door. It's no small task, and if I'm trying to do it in a hurry it can be really frustrating. So I'm telling Kameryn that "We need to hurry! It's time to go!" And I go into the bathroom to get myself ready. And when I come out Kameryn has put her own socks on in an effort to help me out. Trouble is, she looks like this:It was perfect because it made me stop and realize that I was making something into a big deal that really didn't matter.

#2. No story behind this one, except that Reagan has been getting up at about 7, so I do as well, and we hang out for an hour or two while Kameryn sleeps. I was going in and out of the room cleaning up, and once I came in and found Kami like this:#3. I was hanging laundry in my bedroom and the kids were playing in the doorway. Kami would open the door, come run around the room, and then go out the door and slam it behind her. Reagan was getting really close to the door and once her fingers were so close to getting slammed that I told Kameryn she needed to stop slamming the door. Which of course, she didn't. So I told her if she did it again she was going to time out. And she did it again. So I put her in time out and told her to stay there until I told her she could get out. And then I went back to folding laundry, Reagan still playing happily on the floor, and Kami wasn't seeming too upset about being in time out. And things were SO quiet, but I didn't think much of it because I figured Kami was watching a movie. I didn't realize that I hadn't ever let her out of time out. And so I walked in the other room and saw:I'd say my chances of winning "Best Stay at Home Mom EVER!" are pretty much shot.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Ahahaha! That is the best post EVER. I can't believe she fell asleep in her chair like that.

Love it.

Allie said...

What a great idea! I'm glad you're gonna take pictures of the little things. And how endearing is Kami? I just love her to pieces.

Little Momma said...

These are very cute pictures. I laughed out loud. I think you should also take pictures when your house is clean and the dishes are done, so you can prove you actually did something during the day, even though it might not look like it at the end of the day!

Chelsee said...

So freakin' cute!! I love those girls so much!! Best nieces ever!

Danae said...

Oh boy, I totally laughed out loud, too! This was a great post, Kjersti, and I'm so glad that you get to have the experience of staying home with your girls. Isn't it wonderful when little children help us remember the important things in life?? I love those little sweeties, and I love YOU, too!