Saturday, May 06, 2006

Our Daughter


Kameryn Lee Ertmann was born April 29, 2006 at 7:41 pm. She was 7 pounds, 13 ounces and 20 inches long. She has dark hair, dark blue eyes and some dark hair. I went to the hospital Saturday morning at around 10, was dialated to a 4 or 5, got my epidural, and got to relax for the rest of the day! I started pushing about an hour before she was born, and overall it was an awesome experience. Plus, she's so beautiful and Jay and I both are so addicted to her since she's been born. She's such an awesome and fun addition to our family.
She's got such a sweet personality, and she always makes us smile. The other day Jay was taking a band-aid off of her foot, and she didn't cry at all. I was praising her, and said, "Kameryn, you did so good! You didn't even cry!" And she raised both of her hands straight up in the air and then brought them down again, as if to say, "I know it, I'm the champion."
I already know she's going to grow up too fast...I can't believe she's already a week old. But she's such a delightful person to be around. Thanks to my family and friends. Everyone has been so supportive.

4 comments:

Chelsee said...

I want to hold her!

Allie said...

Yay Kjersti--way to be the first kid in our family to prove your Darwinian fitness!!!

Kimba said...

lol I want to hold her too!!!! She's going to be two months by the time I get to see her!!!! Kjersti, you better be taking a MILLION pictures. I have to be "caught up" by the time I get to hold her. She's so adorable! I love her already. :)

Danae said...

HOO-RAY for KAMERYN! She is the BEST ONE! And the cutest little girl! When my baby comes... they will share the title of cutest. :)