Friday, April 21, 2006

The New Place

Both Jay and I LOVE our new apartment. Several times the past week we've just sat back and remarked to each other how much we like it and how nice it is to be on our own again. One of the perks for me is the bathroom being so close, I don't even really have to wake up to stumble there several times a night. I know, I know, more than any of you wanted to know.
It's fun that Kameryn has her own room now. We have a crib and a dresser for her and a glider, a whole room just waiting to be used. It makes me miss her, which I know souns crazy, but I'm so excited for her that having it all ready but waiting for her to get here is torture.
Speaking of her dresser, I got so spoiled at my baby shower that her dresser is completely full. And part of her closet. I don't think I'm going to need to buy her clothes until she's 6 months old. And she'll be styling.
Two more weeks, guys. Or less, if I can have it my way. Then I'll be a mom. I can't pretend I'm anywhere NEAR ready for it, but I'm so excited.
And if we have her this weekend, you all should know it's because Danae gave her permission! As soon as my baby shower was over Danae talked into my belly and said, "KAMERYN! This is your Aunt Danae! You can come out now!"

5 comments:

Chelsee said...

I think Kamryn's room is so cute! I saw it last night when Geoff and I went over to watch a movie with Kjersti and Jay. Kamryn is already spoiled and she isn't even here yet.

Kimba said...

She probably has more clothes than I do!!! :) It's a good thing baby don't remember being so little - they'd be very demanding two year olds!!! "Mommy!!! I need my Prada Diaper Bag?!?!" I can't wait to see all three of you! :)

Kimba said...

I'll have you know my brain IS fully functioning...the grammer / spelling side tends to malfunction every once in a while. I actually meant *babies*, and no, I didn't need question marks after my Prada remark. This is what happens when you try and function at work with only 3 hours of sleep...

Danae said...

Baby's are meant to be spoiled! It's so fun to get ready for them... even though Gary and I don't know yet the gender of our little bean and so have held off on buying clothes, etc., we did get a call from Allie yesterday saying that she got the Crib and Changing Table for us that her proffessor had offered. I can't tell you how excited I am for that! It's so silly, but I am! I'm glad that little Kameryn got so many good things at her shower. Now all you need is a stock of diapers...

Little Momma said...

I think Kjersti and Jay really got a great apartment. I like how big it is. (And I wish I were only paying $590 a month.) It will be an excellent place to start a family.