So, today was lousy overall. This morning was filled with a lot of crying, tonight filled with people coming in and out of the apartment trying to help us with the leak from upstairs which turned into a lot of wet carpet. And in between was work.
The one good thing that happened today was that when we found that the leak had gotten as bad as it did, I went upstairs to give the neighbors a heads-up. These are the same neighbors who wrote the nasty note, but I figured it was the right thing to do. No one answered their door, so I ended up writing them a short note, saying something like "Our ceiling is leaking, we think it's coming from your place. They had to turn off your water. We'll get it fixed as soon as we can. Just wanted to let you know."
And once they got it, they came downstairs and knocked on the door to thank me, and to let me know that the landlord told them to use their water as little as possible, and they would, but to let them know if it was becoming a problem. It's true that the guy did all the talking and his wife said nothing and glared the whole time, which makes me think he made her come, but even so, I forgive them. I don't know why I let myself get all worked up. When I'm face to face with the people I'm upset with, it's not hard to remember that we're all just doing the best we can.
So, in a way, the apartment flooding turned into a good thing.
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What is it with our family and leaky apartments?
Way to look on the bright side, Kjersti! What an optimist you are!
That is very optimistic of you, Kjersti.
Post a Comment