Kameryn,

This is my favortie picture of you right now, (taken by Chelsee) because it sums this month up pretty well. At this point you seem to have two moods: The one pictured above, and your sleepy tantrum-filled mood. Luckilly, you're usually such a happy baby that loves to dance around and talk endlessly and laugh and give high-fives. And the tantrums? We're getting better at handling those, too.

I'm starting to think that you're 15 months going on 12 years. This month you've given me a glimpse into my life years from now when you're a teenager, and I'm happy to report that at least we have 13 years before that point, and honey, there's no rush. I say this because almost mysteriously your favorite thing to do has been to pretend to talk on the phone. You walk around with our cell phone (which doesn't work, luckilly) talking and laughing. You love to push the buttons on the real phone, and your favorite person to talk to is that one that will come on if you just wait long enough. You're best friend: "If you'd like to make a call..." You talk to her intently, and then the beeping starts that would tell anyone else that the phone was off the hook, but you know better. It's a punchline to an awesome joke, and when you hear it you bust up laughing.

You've gotten better at eating, and I'm happy to report that you've gotten better at swallowing the food you put in your mouth. Your favorite food right now is cheese, any kind of cheese, and you'll sit contentedly and eat all the cheese we'll give you. We also let you have ice cream the other day while visiting Chelsee, and we broke down and had her fill a small cup of whipped cream for you, and you easilly could've died happy. You are so good at using both a spoon and a fork, and you will happily play with them even when you're done eating. I get so proud of all the progress you've made, and now we just need to work on going from a bottle to a sippy cup. This might get ugly.

Lately you have become the master of imitation. There was one day that I was carrying you and two garbage bags out to the dumpster, and as we were coming back I said, "Wow, that was kinda hard because those were heavy, and you're getting so heavy!" But then I flexed with my other arm and made the grunting, "I'm so strong" sound, and you did it right after me! You honestly crack me up. You'll copy me with almost anything, though, trying to imitate what I do and the sounds I make. I think you're so amazingly cute and so smart!

This month you've really showed us how big your heart is and how much you love your cousin Isaac. We were over at Gary and Danae's house playing and Isaac was sleeping upstairs. When he woke up he started to cry, and you looked around for him but couldn't see him, and you started BAWLING, so concerned that he was upset and you couldn't help. Even after Gary went upstairs and got him, you wouldn't stop crying until you SAW him, just to make sure he was okay.
Jay also says that the two of you are thick as theives. You will spend your time finding toys for Isaac to play with and giving them to him, and you'll cry if you're not in the same room as him. We all knew you guys would be friends, we just didn't realize how close you would be!

Unlike Isaac, though, who is 5 months younger and now has 8(!) teeth, you have three and are currently cutting the other top tooth. You love to use them to break off bread and you've even bitten a parent or two. We're still desperately hoping that you've got your dad's teeth and not mine, but that is something only time will tell.

Kami girl, I love you so much. I'm so proud of all that you're learning and how smart and fun you are. You seem to be both very independant and also such a lover, and I think you have the sweetest spirit. I can never do you justice in these blogs, and today is no exception, but know that I think you're amazing, and I hope you keep dancing and living and loving the way that you do now.
3 comments:
Hooray! I love the monthly love letters to Kami! You always post the cutest pictures and tell the best stories! I love you too Kami!!
I hope my kids are half as cute as Kami. Seriously, that is one freakin' cute little girl! I loved your story about the telephone, totally made my day! :)
Honestly, she's the cutest baby girl ever. Thanks for the pics! I also love your letters. You're such a sweet family and I love that there's so much love between you. You're doing a great job as a Mom!
Post a Comment