Thursday, April 06, 2006

No Sense of Rhythm, Just Like Her Dad

We went to our appointment today and I got a couple ultrasounds. First one was done by a sonographer, but she didn't really tell us what she was looking at or looking for, she just kept looking at baby's heart and turning the sound on and off so we could hear baby's heartbeat. She did do measurements again and she told us that Kameryn is right on track as far as growth, which everybody likes to tell us but we don't mind because we never really get tired of hearing it.
Then the doctor came in and did pretty much the same thing. She said, "Yeah, it looks like baby's heart is just doing more of those early beats...which is fine with us." An odd way to finish the sentence if you ask me. But she found Kameryn's heart again and listened to it and says that she just needs to mature a little.
She had just found the right spot and was watching Kameryn's heart and Kameryn just moved right out of the way, which is another thing that she always does but doesn't get any less funny. Jay said, "Yeah, she's kinda stubborn like that." And the doctor started talking to my stomach about how Kameryn shouldn't worry her parents and make them drive out to the hospital in the snow, and that she was glad that we took good care of her even though she was a stubborn little baby.
So they think that my baby, though stubborn, will be fine. Which I met with mixed emotions, because I'm almost ready for them to say, "Alright, head over to the hospital, let's get this baby out." It's good, though, I want her to be healthy.
And we might have to start doing ultrasounds every week if the Non-Stress Tests don't work, but that's alright with me too. She's a funny baby to watch, and I love when we get to see her face. Jay and I keep debating about whose nose she got. I guess we'll find out for sure here pretty soon.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

SO glad she's okay!!!!! :) I wonder who she got her stubbornness from...... or is that still a debate?! :) Maybe she's just so excited to be born it's making her heart race. :)

Chelsee said...

She will probably doublely stubborn and a huge smart ass just like her mom. :)

-Wes- said...

I wonder if little Lee just doesn't like to go to the doctor's office. Perhaps she is just fine when she is unobserved but when she's in the spotlight she gets a little nervious. I really am glad that it doesn't seem to be anything serious.