Sunday, April 02, 2006

The One Baby Trap I Never Want to Fall Into....

The other day at work one of the MAs was walking through the front office area where I was sitting and she saw our office manager. The office manager had picked up her jacket and purse and was getting out her keys, and the question the MA asked her was, "Are you going bye-bye?" I think I visably cringed. I'm the youngest one there. Do you still "go bye bye" when you're 50 years old? I think not.
So my friends, you have to do me this favor. If I ever ask you a baby question in public thinking I'm actually communicating in a way that is appropiate, I hope you will sit me down and send me to some therapy. "Going bye bye?" Come on now.

2 comments:

Danae said...

LOL! Nice! Seriously, this is one of those times you want to hit people upside the head and say, "Grow up! Act your age! I'm not a toddler that needs to be spoken baby-talk to!" Knowing me, I probably would have said something to her about it too, like, "Did you really just say that?"

Chelsee said...

I sudden;y remembered a quote by one of the Power Rangers from Geoffrey's movies. Maybe the Pink Ranger is her role model?