Saturday, September 02, 2006

Ashamed

So, the Presdient came to visit the Great State of Utah. Jay and I were just watching the evening news, like we often do, and saw Air Force One arrive and we saw him get out. We even watched his little speech. We both hate him so much that I'm actually surprised that we watched it for as long as we did. I think it was half like watching a car accident; you can't make yourself look away even if you try. The other half was just waiting intently to see how others would react.
Well, they were reacting by holding signs of support and screaming out that they loved him. I was so disgusted that afterward while I was doing the dishes I couldn't stop fuming.
I think as far as States go, Utah is the Republican Whore State. A Republican comes in, tells us how great we are, and we're easy as they come. We don't demand to know why he lied about this or that, or why he just let Katrina happen even though he had been warned to fix things beforehand. We just say, "Alright Mr. President, you think we're great Americans" and we lift our skirt.
Personally, I think we have all had to take it up the ass from George Jr. ever since he got elected. The only Olive Garden I see in our future is when we remember W the way we remember Nixon; as a liar.

6 comments:

Chelsee said...

I think I side with Rocky on this whole thing. I saw more people with protest signs then people with signs supporting Bush, so maybe they only showed the people who loved Bush on T.V. I don't really know a whole lot more about this though than what I put in my blog about it.

Little Momma said...

C'mon, Kjersti. Tell it "as big as it is." Stop holding back. :)

-Wes- said...

Did Jay just reference the Danites. Jay (sniff sniff) you really are my brother!

Kjersti- you can't joke about shooting the president. The secret service gets involved.

Seriously, Take down your post or edit that part out.

Allie said...

Whoa!

Kjersti said...

Thanks Wes, I changed the blog accordingly. I would just take it down because I don't want anyone to get TOO offended, but I have to wait until after Jay sees your comment. :)

-Wes- said...

Good call KJ —

I had a Journalism professor that one time noted in a newspaper article some pattern of Presidental assassinations or attempts. It was a "gee whiz" factoid like every third president has an assassination attempt or something. She was visited by the secret service who questioned her by what she ment by the article. Did she mean that someone should make an attempt on the current president?
Was it a call to arms?

I believe that at a time when we have such an unpopular standing president, It's best not to tempt the paranoia of the secret service.

Did you know Mormons make excellent CIA, FBI and secret service agents. ginkcuf seibmoz.