Story Number One is entitled, "Don't Do That."
I was at work the other day and a mom and her daughter came in. Mom is being seen to check her meds, she's 26 years old, pretty and has brought her daughter and son. The daughter is also being seen for a follow up on her ADD. I don't particularly like these patients because Mom always seems to get after her daughter in ways that don't seem quite fair, and she laveshes her son with love and attention she doesn't show her daughter. I check her daughter in fully, getting all her vitals an updating her meds, and then I turn to Mom. I put the pulse oximeter on her finger and walk around to put the thermometer in her ear. When I slip it in, she turns her head and playfully tries to bite me. Um, what? And then she dissolves into hysterical laughter.
Story Number Two is entitled, "You Can Quote Me on This:"
The other night Kami, Jay and I went for a walk around our block. We started walking around a church parking lot, and Kami would get brave enough that she would let go of our hands and walk by herself. She kept finding pinecones on the pavement, and she would pick them us and hand them to us. She likes doing that lately because she likes hearing us say "Thank you." I think the first time was by mistake, but Kami kicked one of the pinecones while she was walking by. She walked up to it again, and we thought she'd want to pick it up, but instead she kept kicking it. Sometimes she would miss, but she would always turn around and kick it again. So if, when she groes up, she becomes a famous soccar player and people come to interview me and ask when I knew she would be world famous, I can way, "When she was 13 months old."
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Get her Bend it like Beckham for her next birthday!
She pretended to BITE you?! I.....I don't even know what to say to that.
And? I will not admit that I have seen Bend It Like Beckham. I won't. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! LOL!!
Oh my goodness! There are some things that are just not done! Pretending to bite your healthcare provider is one of them. Good crap! LOL, I am sill laughing.
And Kameryn kicking pine cones - TOO CUTE. :) Next time you go for a walk, call me!
Post a Comment