Tuesday, July 31, 2007

First Looks






I know that I'm the queen of doing things late, ie getting my wedding video 2 years later. This isn't QUITE as bad as that one, I'm only 15 months late, and I think that's a step in the right direction.
When I went to the hospital - in labor and dialated to a 5 - I was convinced they were going to check me and send me home again. I was so convinced of it that I didn't take anything with me - including a camera. The hospital had one and they took these pictures, which I hadn't seen until today.
And for the record, I don't think you should take a picture of a woman that's just given birth.

Looking at these, it's so easy to remember the amazement of having a baby and looking at her and reveling in how perfect she is, and it all seems like such a sacred miracle. This day changed the rest of my life, but I wouldn't dare take it back.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Wow, can you believe it was that long ago? Or really, that it's already been 15 mths?! I'm so glad that the hospital had a camera, that's so fun to finally get the pics. :)

Chelsee said...

Wow. It is hard to believe how much Kami has changed. She doesn't look anything like that anymore.