My thyroid ultrasound is tomorrow and for the life of me I can't find my insurance card ANYWHERE, even though we have TWO and I know for a fact we had it a WEEK AGO for Jay's appointment. It makes me so crazy to be so unorganized, and now that Kami's finally asleep I decided to blog a bit to calm down before I go to bed.
Here are some random things that are on my mind:
Thanks to Danae and Chelsee, Jay and I snuck off to see a pre-screening of Hairspray last night. And the truth of it is that cheesy movies with good music and lots of dancing are right up my alley. I liked the movie, I LOVED the soundtrack. I plan on getting it and listening to it over and over on the way to and from work. I suspect I'll listen until I know all the words, and then listen until I'm almost sick of it, and then instead of taking it out and listening to something else so I don't get sick of it, I'll play it a few more times.
A specimen got lost at work, which was brought to the attention of the doctor yesterday. After figuring out who was where on that day, since it was Monday a week ago, and none of us remembered, we found out that I was the only one working. So, one way or another, this was my fault. And my co-worker wasn't discreet about the fact, going up to the doctor and telling him it was either her or me that lost it, and it wasn't her. (Real smooth, right?) I KNEW I had sent it out, so I started calling the lab to bug them about it. I called them 5 timees before they finally said, "There's nothing we can do. You have to call the courriers." Which I did. I talked to person One, who had to transfer me to person Two, where I had to leave a voicemail.
Then, today, while I was bringing a patient back they got a call. "Wow, here it is after all." And who took the call and let the doctor know? Mrs. "It Wasn't Me." And truthfully I'm just glad that it's over and the patient doesn't need to come back in to get cut open again. And I'm glad that the office knows that when I said I sent it, I was telling the truth. But with all the work I put into it, and the way my co-worker brushed it off as lost forever, it would've been THAT much sweeter if I had gotten the call myself. I know that's a little childish, but that's what I think.
Mom and I went to a Kurt Bestor concert on Monday, and it was such a blast. It was outside, which was nice. And Mom is so cute, she got her tickets forever ago, so our seats were 3 rows from the stage, right in the center. Kurt was playing with the Utah Orchestra, and it was so awesome, as anyone who's been to a Kurt Bestor concert can attest to. Then, afterward while we were walking out we passed a table where they were selling CDs, and we kept on walking until Mom said, "Well, Kjersti, do you want a CD?" Of course I did, so we went back and were standing there picking out which CD we wanted when Kurt himself came walking out and sat down RIGHT IN FRONT OF US to sign CDs. And we were in the front of the line. It was so amazingly lucky.
While I was putting Kami to bed tonight there was a point when I was holding her and rocking her, and she looked up at me and put her little hands on both my cheeks and whispered to me. I would give anything to know what she thought she was saying. And after that she started kissing me and running her fingers through my hair. Sweet moments like that with my baby girl have to be my favorite thing ever.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I'm SO glad you found it! Or, they found it. Now you can go up to that.....woman....and say, "It was either them or me, and it wasn't ME!"
And that is pretty much the cutest story ever (about Kami). Seriously. Where do I sign up for one of those?!
Post a Comment