Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hormones

I'm not exactly sure what it is, but lately I think I'm finally starting to grasp the fact that I'm pregnant again. A little late, right? I know it. I don't know what caused the change, exactly. It could be that I'm starting to pop out of all my clothes, or that the baby is big enough that she can make my whole belly shake when she moves, and she moves ALL THE TIME. It could be that I got my first presents for the baby. (Thanks Wes and Elisabeth!) Whatever it is, I've gone completely into nesting mode. I can't get my apartment clean fast enough, and with how dirty our apartment usually is it doesn't happen fast at all, unfortunately. I did find a couple of helpful tips, for anyone who may be interested: The product I've found that gets marker off the walls? Hand Sanitizer. Works like a charm. I've heard that hairspray gets pen off, and I'm going to try that tonight. The dorkiest part is how excited that makes me.
Being pregnant of course comes with all the hormones, and I find myself loving and hating some really simple things. For example, I watched "Knocked Up" tonight and totally cried at the end. I also cry during dances on "So You Think You Can Dance." Anyone who doesn't has no soul. On the flipside, I've started to get annoyed with some random things. Like Sleeping Beauty. Okay, I love the movie as much as anyone else. But the witch casts the spell on her that "On her 16th birthday she'll prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die" Right? Yeah, has anyone SEEN Sleeping Beauty when she pricks her finger? Beautiful. Great body, perfect complexion. Does ANYONE actually look like that at 16? I don't think so. I sure didn't.
I also am paying much more attention to the kids songs we sing. Which in turn begs the question, who came up with Rock-A-Bye Baby? 'When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall, and down will come baby, cradle and all.' Nice. So soothing, it's a wonder kids don't always go right to sleep. There's also "Ring Around the Rosies," which Kameryn's Grandma Ertmann taught her, and I still find it a little disturbing when she calls out "Ashes!" when she wants to play.
And a word to the wise, if anyone saw "Match Point" and liked it, avoid it while pregnant. I really liked it the first time around, and when I tried to watch it again I had to turn it off.
So there it is, a pregnant rant. And even if you don't get anything from the rest of the post, keep in mind the marker- hand sanitizer thing. That may come in handy.

4 comments:

Who's B? said...

Ha! I can totally relate. I nearly peed myself from excitement when I found a WD-40 pen that cleans crayon from surfaces like a dream. I made myself late to an appointment because I was excitedly rushing around the apartment, attacking all the bad spots.

I feel very excited for you and Jay...and Kameryn. I can't wait to hear more about the little one when she comes into your lives.

Kimba said...

My secret weapon for marks is Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. It's MAGIC. For reals!

Chelsee said...

You crack me up.

Little Momma said...

You are so cute, Kjersti. I laughed out loud at some of the things you wrote in this post.