Sunday, February 26, 2006

I've Already Failed...

First of all, I have to say that in my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book it says by this point you "May be getting bored with your pregnancy and wonder why people won't talk about anything else." Well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm the one that won't talk about anything else. And while I want to be a deep, intellectual yet comedic blog writer, the truth is I'm pregnant and at this point, I totally love it. So if you don't want to hear pregnancy stories, I've got a list of other people's incredible blogs that you should read. If you want to read mine, I hope you'll forgive my excitement.

So yesterday after the family had left from having breakfast and playing games all together I went downstairs because I wasn't feeling too well, and Jay saw me lying down not wanting to move as a perfect oppurtunity to read Harry Potter to the baby. So he gets Harry Potter out and positions himself so he's reading right next to my stomach and starts reading about Dumbledore coming to get Harry from the Dirsley's early in the summer and telling him he'd inhereited Serius Black's house and the House Elf was his now, and I feel myself drifting off to sleep. So he keeps nudging me to make sure I'm listening, even though I really don't know why I have to listen while he reads to the baby....and after awhile he asks me if I heard the last part and I have to admit I've been sleeping and have no idea what he said. So he says, "Well, do you just want me to stop reading?"
And Kameryn went crazy. She kicked me so hard and for so long it was obvious that something had gotten her quite upset. Obviously she had been thouroughly entertained and wanted to know what happened next to Harry.
I'll be the first to throw up my hands and say "One point for Jay." It sounds like our daughter is going to be a Harry Potter lover.

3 comments:

Kjersti said...

And after a comment like that he still wants us to believe she gets her craziness from MY side of the family....

Allie said...

If the little bean wasn't a Harry Potter Lover, then she would be CRAZY like YOU! (But I don't think your craziness comes from our side of the family--it was a random gene mutation). =)

Chelsee said...

Ha Ha!! Yeah Kamryn! Harry Potter is excellent and after she has read all of the books, I will watch all of the movies with her too. :)