Monday, February 27, 2006

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MY MOM

Obviously, this would be quite a long list if I were to sit down and talk about everything. I've lived with my mom for almost a year now and have gone through my entire pregnancy in her house, so there's tons of things that she's done and DOES DO for me all the time that she does because she loves me. Cleaning the cat litter is one. I'm not allowed to because I'm pregnant, and Jay isn't very good at remembering, never has been. We have 4 cats between the two of us. That's a LOT of cat litter. But she does it and she never complains. She's a stud like that.

One thing that I have to say I love about my mom is that if you tell her you've written on your blog, SHE KNOWS WHAT A BLOG IS! Not only that, SHE HAS A BLOG OF HER OWN!!! I know it's not a big deal, but there are SO many people out there that don't even know how to access the Internet anymore, and my mom is totally on top of it. Last night at Jay's parents house we had to tell his mom, "Okay, now click on that icon twice and wait until the little hourglass appears..." And honestly, in the meantime I was thinking, "Oh man, I'm so glad my mom isn't this out of touch."

Another thing I love about my mom is how cute she is. For example, on Saturday morning she got a new bear (for reasons to be discussed later) and then afterward we were playing cards. You should have seen how she held that bear the whole time. Honestly like it was a baby, and when it was her turn to shuffle the cards she'd say, "You hold him" and pass him off instead of holding him awkwardly. I can't wait for her to hold my baby. I know that Kameryn will know how much her Grandma loves her just by how she's held.

Last week we went down to my Dad's to hang out with him and play some games. On the way back I told my mom that I was hungry, and so she stopped at a gas station and told me to get something that would tide me over. Nothing looked good, so I just got a soda and told her that would be enough. And then I thanked her, and she said, "Well, I would've bought you anything." My mom has always been like that.
I hope you know, Mom, how much the little stuff means to me. I think you are so awesome and such an amazing woman. I hope you know that I would do anything for you.


2 comments:

Little Momma said...

I appreciated so much the things you wrote about me. But, after all, I am your mom. (Remember Danae always saying, "Mom, you're my mom!") My love for you comes naturally, as having your own child will soon teach you, and doing things for you and all my children is more an instinct than a decision. It doesn't take any extra effort or much sacrifice. I like being with you, playing games, talking, eating a meal or whatever. But it is nice to hear that what I do is noticed and appreciated. Thank you.

Chelsee said...

Mom- I am with Kjersti. There are a million little things that you do. Thank you for always being a constant support. :)