Thursday, December 14, 2006

Baby Genius

Jay and I went to dinner tonight. We were talking while we were eating, and Kameryn was on a chair next to me, close enough that she kept kicking me to get my attention, which worked really well for awhile and then lost it's effect. Not easilly deterred, she decided to play a little game with me in order to get my attention again. When I finally looked over at her she held the blanket up over her face for a minute, and then pulled it down and smiled a huge, toothless smile! Then, sure that both Jay and I were watching, she pulled the blanket over her face again, and this time when she pulled it down, she growled at us a little bit, and then laughed.
That's right. In order to get my attention, Kameryn was playing peek-a-boo with me.
The best part of the story, though, is that Jay and I don't play peek-a-boo with Kameryn often at all because she doesn't (or didn't, I should say) seem to understand it. When we covered up our faces she would get bored and look somewhere else.
But gees, she had to do something. Parents these days. Always have to keep coming up with new things just to keep their attention. Keeps a baby on her toes.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Yeah for peek-a-boo! What a smart baby! Is she excited to see me soon?!?! Cause I'm excited to see her!!!
And you ya know. It's only been like, a month, but still. It's ONE MONTH TOO LONG!!!!!!!

Danae said...

Hoo-ray! I always knew she was so smart.... I always said so, right from the get-go!