I worry about my blog always being about the same thing, or more specifically, the same two babies and their latest goings-on. I'd love to get that book that gives a bunch of blogging ideas, but I'm currently so poor that I can't buy it, even if I DID want to go out and brave all the craziness of shopping and parking, which I honestly don't. So tonight will be one of the same type of blogs, probably a rambling, state of the union type blog, and even though I prefer to write when I have an idea to start with of what I should write about, I think maybe a rambling blog is better than nothing.
Right now, I think my favorite part of the day is when Jay gets home from work and the three of us sit on my bed, talking and enjoying being together. Kameryn is at such a fun age right now, she's able to express so much of her personality and she's so funny. She loves to play, she loves to talk, and she's so close to learning to crawl I think she can taste it. Sitting on the bed she'll mauver her way over to Jay, sit with him for a few minutes, and then manuver her way back to me. It's not crawling, but it's definatly awareness in her body that she's developing more and more. It's probably because of my family's "Sunday mornings on the bed" that make this time so meaningful to me. It helps us all slow down for a little bit and just enjoy being a family.
Work right now is a little bit strange. I think it's probably true of everyone that when you've worked at a place long enough it's easy to tell just from walking into the office what mood the office is in, and if it's been a hectic day, if tensions are high, that sort of thing. Lately at work, the office has been sad. Sad and secretive, and I don't know if those things are connected or not. One of my doctors lost a patient a couple weeks ago and he's been really hard on himself, blaming himself, but I don't know if it's completely that or not. So I'm just waiting until I can find out what's going on, or until the office goes back to normal.
Needless to say, after getting through my day at work I'm tripping over myself to get back home to my family. Which includes all my surrounding family as well. Chelsee took us to see "The Holiday" this weekend, which was SO GOOD! I thought it looked good on the preview, and it didn't disappoint, which is saying a lot. That's all I'll say about it because I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but I'm with Chelsee in saying that anyone who wants to go see it, invite me. I'll do what I can to come with you!
The other night we were up at Danae and Gary's and Kameryn ended up needing a bath. Instead of sending us home, though, Danae took her right upstairs and gave her a bath, and offered some of Isaac's pajamas to dress her in afterwards. We gladly accepted, and Kameryn showed her appreciation by peeing all over the floor. AFTER her bath. It's a good thing her aunt and uncle love her so much.
I have so much fun with my family, though, and I love that everyone is so good to my baby. I can't wait until we can ALL get together for Christmas and for Wes to come down in January. It's gonna be fun. And Wes, Isaac is getting to be a pro at holding a pen by himself. He will not disappoint.
Alright, now I must get to bed. Isaac is coming in the morning! I know this blog is neither here nor there, so let's all hope that the library has the blog-idea book. And that I can come up with the money to pay off my late fees.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kjersti! Try Half.com (the best) or Amazon.com or Ebay, or ohmigosh, there's this website I heard about on the news that you can trade books with someone online for free, and you just pay the shipping to send your book off. I'll try and find out the site.....
But for the record? I love your ramblings. :) Ramble on my friend!
I love the ramblings too! I hope that things get better at work, and that it isn't anything more serious than that the doctor is upset about losing his patient. I loved Sunday mornings on the bed! I think it is a tradition worth passing on! I also love playing with Kameryn. I love her little laugh. And, Kjersti, WHEN CAN WE GO SEE THE HOLIDAY AGAIN?!? I WANT TO GO NOW!!!
I have the book, so I'll bring it home when I come for christmas, and you can copy it or write down ones you like or whatever. I DON'T recommend ordering it. I had a HUGE hassle, and I'll never order anything from Mighty Media again because their customer service sucked sweaty goat balls.
SMACK THAT! I HATE sweaty goat balls!
Post a Comment