Friday, December 08, 2006

Cousins

Tonight, just to mix things up, I'm not just going to rant about Kameryn. I'm going to rant about Kameryn AND Isaac. I know, it's a bit of a change, but we'll make it through.

The last two weeks I've been watching Isaac in the morning when Danae goes to work, and I have to admit that at first I was really scared. The first day he slept the whole time he was here, as did Kameryn, and that was a relief. A couple days in, though, Kameryn woke up before Danae even got here, and I had them both. Two hungry babies first thing in the morning. I thought it would be impossible, and when both of them started crying it was a little difficult, but I quickly learned that it's all about timing, and once you have the timing down, it's pretty fun.
I know I've been afraid that if I have another baby there would be no way I could love it as much as Kameryn. This experience has shown me that I couldn't be more wrong. It's SO easy to love them both, and even more fun when they interact with each other. Now what I don't understand is how anyone could get ANYTHING done with two babies around! It's hard to make bottles, let alone do dishes or laundry! I think the new rule is we'll wait until Kameryn can hold her own bottle. And walk and talk. And is potty trained. Then we'll think about having another baby.

It's fun to see Kameryn react when she realizes Isaac is here. She gets so excited and wants to touch him, and she likes to scream. Because her cousin is here and HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CONTAIN THIS EXCITEMENT?! But my favorite was tonight when Danae came over, because Kameryn saw Isaac and started "talking" to him, which was just her saying "Nanana" but she said it in a high, slow voice. Because she seems to understand that is how we should talk to babies.
And Danae agreed to let Kameryn touch his head, and when she did she would leave her hand on him for a second, and then pull it away and laugh. It looked a lot like she was petting one of the cats. She was so delighted, and gave him several kisses.
Which means that she's one of us, because we all have that reaction to Danae's sweet baby. And dang, he's getting cuter every day. I would trade eyelashes with him in a second if I could, he's going to have such beautiful eyes. He amazes me with how strong he is, and you can tell just by looking at him how much more aware of his surroundings he's becoming. And his smiles make my day. He's the best boy ever.

So yes, this is yet another post of me ranting about the babies. It's hard not to, though. They make things so interesting and make my life so fun.

3 comments:

Chelsee said...

HOORAY FOR THE CUTE BABIES!!! Sorry I couldn't come over, but I had to go see that movie so that now all of us can go! And, if the babies start acting up, I can take them out! :)

Kimba said...

You can pretty much continue to "rant". I love it! I love the pics, I love hearing about BOTH Kameryn and Issac! And pics are always welcome...... :)

Danae said...

I am totally thrilled that Kameryn loves Isaac so much, and I'm even happier that you are enjoying watching him. It means a lot to me that you and Jay love him so much and take such good care of him.
I know I was telling you this the other day, but I TOTALLY miss Kameryn when I go a few days without seeing her! Your beautiful little girl just lights up every room and makes everyone so happy, just to be around her! I hope Isaac will be as happy a baby as she is when he gets bigger!