There's one reason that I'm grateful that Kameryn probably won't remember Christmas this year, and it's simply this: If she expected to get as many presents every year as she did this year, Jay and I would have to take out a mortgage on our house. Or, more realistically, get a loan because we wouldn't HAVE a house from being in debt from all the Christmas presents the previous year.
Honestly, I think we all went a little bit crazy. There were more presents under our tree than I think I've ever seen anywhere. And I don't think I'll ever forget Christmas morning, walking in and seeing the high chairs Grandma got for the babies, and even THEY were saturated in presents!
Honestly, joking aside, I am overwheled with everyone's generosity and the material manifestation of how much we're loved. I think this year is my favorite Christmas ever, and it's because it was so fun to get gifts people couldn't WAIT for us to open. I love that my baby is so loved, but everyone in my family was spoiled rotten.
Mom, there's no way to thank you for all that you do. You're so selfless and you have such a huge heart. I don't know how to put it into words, but I'm really touched by it. I think all of us are.
And, as if trying to make the date easy to remember because I'm getting so far behind on my scrapbooking, Kameryn chose Christmas as the day to start crawling. It first started in Chelsee's room, but I passed it off as a fluke, and then she did it while I was on the phone with Wes, but then wouldn't do it again afterward, so again I got to sleep in the comfort of my own denial. But tonight I don't have the luxury, because not only was she doing it again today, she's picking up ability and speed. Yesterday it was more of a cautious, wobbly crawl over to an orange, and tonight Chelsee put her keys down and Kameryn was on them in a minute flat. I'm still really excited about it and so proud of her, but I know in a week I'll be begging her to go back to sitting in one spot and scooting herself around the carpet. Needless to say, things are going to be interesting.
And, as an update to my last blog, the washer and dryer ended up being fine, just loaded too full by an overzealous husband who wanted to clean all the laundry in one load. The car, however, wouldn't give up the drama queen act and had to be taken into the shop. We have to pay for labor, but they're replacing our alternator without charging us for the part because 3 years ago we bought a lifetime warranty, and they've had to fix it every winter since. I think they may be cursing the warranty under their breath, but I'm good with it.
Alright, that's all for tonight. I love you all, thank you so much for everything.
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love watching Kameryn crawl! And she is so much fun to play with! I really enjoyed helping to spoil her this year and it was really fun to see what everyone else got for her too! It was definately a GREAT Christmas!
Ok, I'm totally annoyed. I wrote this long, heartfelt response to this blog and the stupid computer deleted it after I tried to sign in with my OLD account instead of my new GOOGLE account. I'm so annoyed now that I'll have to come back and just do it later.
I hope my bad attitude doesn't spoil the sweet mood of this blog. Go, Kameryn, GO!
Yeah for Christmas and crawling! :) Kjersti, she was so DANG CUTE crawlin' all over the floor last night! She's so smiley and so much fun. :) Though I can understand your desire for her to remain immobile....she does look pretty freakin' cute with her wobbly crawl to...anything. :)
And Danae? I have done that like...a zillion times cause I never learn to hit COPY before I sign in....cause some people like me, we don't learn very well....
Ha ha ha, thanks Kim! I'm glad you guys had fun at your Christmas get-together. I think it rocks you guys make such an effort to keep in touch. I don't have nearly as many good, close friends as Kjersti does... Jealous!!
I love it too Danae! I so wish we could do it more often, but once a year is better than nothing!
And Kjersti?! I guess that Abby and Brian couldn't do anything? Bummer.....
If you wanna come eat Italian food with all the boys from high school....my house. 1 pm. :)
Post a Comment