Saturday, December 02, 2006

Proof, In Case You Were Wondering

This is an actual conversation. I'm in the kitchen doing dishes while Geoff and Jay are "watching the baby" aka playing Playstation in the other room. I have the radio on.

Jay, overhearing the song I'm listening to: "You know you're gay if you listen to Coldplay."
Me: "Is this Coldplay?"
Jay: "Yeah."
Me: "Well, you know you're gay if you KNOW it's Coldplay!"

I go in to kiss him and he says he can't kiss me because now he's gay and gay men don't kiss straight women. I counter that I have, in fact, kissed a gay guy, one of Allie's friends who kisses hello. Then I go back into the kitchen to finish the dishes.

Radio Announcer (This will be Wesley's favorite part.) "That was the latest from U2!"

Me: "JAY! GOOD NEWS! YOU'RE NOT GAY AFTER ALL!"

5 comments:

Chelsee said...

Lol! Good to know. ;)

-Wes- said...

Thanks for the tip on the new U2 song. I downloaded it and it really does sound like Coldplay!

Allie said...

I know that I'm WAY WAY behind the times, but I just recently discovered the U2 song "One" and I love it.
I tried to play it for Steve like, "Hey babe, listen to this new U2 song. It's awesome" and after the first few seconds he's like, "This song is from the '90's."
As a disclaimer, the one I discovered and love is a live acoustic version, not the same old radio version.

I wouldn't know Coldplay if it hit me in the face with a snowball.

Kimba said...

SO glad to hear Jay's not gay. :) Cause you definitely need some more cute kiddies! I totally am not really a U2 fan...or really a Coldplay fan...but now I'm curious to know which one I'd think it was.....

Danae said...

Allie, I recommend the version that I had you download for me of U2 and Mary J. Blige. I LOVE that version.

Kjersti, I'm glad you and your husband have your sexual orientation all figured out now. It would be a shame for Kameryn to not have any siblings!