Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Glorious Return To Blogging

I know I've been completely slacking on blogging lately. There are two main reasons. The first is that Kameryn is teething. She got her first tooth on Friday, just a little white sliver sticking up out of her gums on the bottom left. It, understandably, has been causing her a lot of pain and even before we realized that the problem was teething she was grumpy and irritable. That's the first reason. The second reason is that her grumpiness is keeping her up at night, which is when I usually blog, and by the time she's sleeping I don't want to keep my eyes open one more second or try and work on coherant sentences. It makes me a little bit sad that Kameryn has been so grumpy lately because instead of smiling all the time, she gets really whiny and it's hard to take in large doses. I think I'll be happy when it's over.

On the other hand, Kameryn is practicing standing up more and more, and now she stands up and will dance. It's more like bending her knees and boucing, but it's really fun to watch and she gets really proud of herself. I predict we have a month at most before she's walking everywhere and getting into everything.

As for me, I still haven't gotten published on Postsecret.com, but I have been thinking more about writing a poem for "National Poetry Writing Month." I'll have to sit and try to write it out before I post it, so I'll have to publish it in all it's majesty later this month.

No comments: