Monday, April 09, 2007

Updates and Triumphs

Sadly, neither Jay nor I got posted on Postsecret this week. Instead of making me sad, it makes me think of a bunch of other secrets I could send in. It seems a little like the lottery, the more times you enter, the better your chances are. I think a lot of my secrets would be dorky confessions, though, not the deep dark ones, which admittedly aren't as fun. It would be fun to make it into a book, though.

Kameryn still hasn't had her tooth come through, but she did achieve another "first" tonight. She was on the floor in the living room where we were eating dinner and watching the new show "Thank God You're Here," and she would get on her feet with her hands on the floor. Slowly she would pull her upper body until she was standing upright, shaking from the awkwardness of it, and proud as she could be of herself. Then she would fall on her bum, and start the whole thing again. She did it until she was too tired to do it anymore. We were both so proud of her! She'll be walking around in no time, which is a funny thought. She's still so little, I can't believe that soon she'll be walking on her own.

And yes, knowing that she'll turn one in 3 weeks does make me want to cry!!!

Anyway, our camera refuses to take anymore pictures until we change he batteries, so I will get pictures of her standing by herself as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

Dang it! I should have been there. :( Oh well... maybe she will do it again for me tonight, and then I can help cheer her on and practice walking with her!

Danae said...

What a smart girl! I'm so glad I got to see her do her trick. I'm also really glad I have long hair so that during those moments of uncertainty, it reminds her that we're still friends. :)