I'm paranoid enough that I took the day off work when Kameryn got her 2, 4 and 6 month shots. I was so worried that something would happen to her when she was too little to fight it off. Getting to be 11 months old with only some minor colds to overcome has been so relieveing for me, and now instead of SIDS I've moved on to be nervous about her walking and falling and cracking her head open! It hasn't happened yet, but if she's anything like I was growing up I'm sure there will be stitches in our future.
This month Kameryn has been practicing walking along the furniture, talking and eating. She's getting so good at walking along the furniture she'll walk all the way around the coffee table, most of the time to get to something we've tried to push out of her reach. Sometimes she'll even stand on her own, but most of the time she does it until she realizes that she doesn't have her hand on anything, and she'll reach out as soon as it dawns on her. It won't be long until she's walking around the house, though, and we're not in any hurry for it to start happening.
The other night I was giving Kameryn a bath, and she was playing with her toys and having fun, but she stood up. I said, "Kameryn, are you ready to get out?" And she said, "Yeah." I said, "Okay, but you have to sit down." And so she sat back down in the tub. It was the weirdest and most amazing thing to realize that her and I had just had, albeit small, a conversation where she could voice what she wanted. I get so excited for all the things she'll say when she finally can let us know what she's thinking, and until then I love any small progresses we make. She "talks" non-stop sometimes, especially when she's playing with her toys. Also, the other day we were in the car, and she was talking to herself, and after awhile she would laugh and clap her hands, like she was telling herself jokes. Then she would do it again, start talking, laugh, and clap her hands. I love that she has a sense of humor, and she really does, she loves to laugh.
Kameryn still doesn't love baby food. Sometimes she'll indulge us and have some, but she gets bored with it pretty quicky. However, she LOVES to eat "real food." She loves bread and crackers, and she loves fruit. I can't actually tell you how much of it she eats, because a lot of times she'll suck and gnaw on whatever it is we've given her until it's soggy and then she'll drop it or spit it out, but it makes her so happy. Lately we've been giving her pieces of cantalope and honey dew, two fruits I can't stand, and she loves them. We give her big enough pieces that she can't choke, but what she likes to do with them is stick the whole thing in her mouth and hold whatever is sticking out with her finger. She also recently tried ice cream, which she loved. She would suck a little bit into her mouth and then give a huge smile, almost like she couldn't believe something this tasty existed.
Kameryn is really smart, and she's constantly learning new things that we like to show off. This is her showing Grandma where her nose is, and a bunch of us were in the room and she indulged us by going around the circle of people and showing each of us where our noses were. She also loves to have books read to her and loves when we count things for her. I was counting ice cream cones on the front of a card with her, and even after I was done she would take my finger and move them over each cone to get me to keep counting them.
Kameryn is still my little lover. She loves to be with her family, and anytime she sees her cousin Isaac and can get close enough she always wants to kiss him or snuggle up with him. She seems to be slowing down on the big, sloppy kisses she gives, and instead she likes to hug or put her head next to yours.
I love to take Kameryn to see new things because she really likes it, but then when something happens that she's never seen before she gets really quiet and thinks about it, almost like she's trying to figure it out. She's like that with a lot of different things. She's not the type to just accept that she's too little to understand. This picture is one I love because it's the look she gets on her face when she's being the little scientist.That's something I really love about her. I love her spirit and her sweetness. I love how happy she makes me, and I love how easilly she seems to make other people happy. She really inspires me with her stregnth and determination, but also how she is getting so big and learning so much and she seems to love it and do it with such grace. I still rush home from work so I can see her and play with her.
Kami, I would do anything for you. With everything I have I love you and want to make you happy and keep you safe. Your Dad and I both love you so much, and I hope you know that we wouldn't change anything about our lives, even our struggles, if it meant we couldn't have you.
3 comments:
I love Kameryn too! She is the cutest little girl ever! :)
Tears!!!!!! Seriously, I have tears. This is NOT good birth control!!! :)
Also, I love her too, even though I only get to see her in person every once in a while. I love when you post about her, and post pictures. It's so fun to get to know her!
Also....look at her cute little face! I LOVE the red-cheeked sleepy one. Why do all babies get those rosy cheeks when they sleep? It's too insanely adorable.
These are the best pictures! What you have written about Kameryn is so touching and sweet. We all love her exuberant personality. She is so fun to have in the family.
Post a Comment