I used to love staying up at night writing stories. My favorite thing was writing until I couldn't keep my eyes open, and then after sleeping through the night I would wake up and read what I wrote, and sometimes I was surprised by how little I would remember. I don't remember how old I was, but I remember I would write love stories and I would fall completely in love with the "boyfriend." I would go to school and miss him and want to come home to be with this guy who was completely fictional.
I really wish I could find that kind of passion again for writing, maybe without the crazy "In love with the fictious guy" undertones.
With that I think the problem is being willing to take the risk of someone reading what I write and not liking it, and for that matter, writing something to go back myself and not like it.
I heard that April is the "National Poetry Month." I think my goal for this month may be writing something new and posting it. Maybe I can tap into the inner poet I used to be so in touch with. Anyone want to join me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Shakespeare gene totally skipped me. Sorry, you're on your own with this one. But good luck! I'd love to read some of your stuff.
Post a Comment