Thursday, May 24, 2007

CREEPY

Last Saturday both Kami and Jay fell asleep in the afternoon, so I got some time to myself, which I spent looking at things on the Internet. There's a show that Jay listens to at night at work called Coast to Coast, which is basically the opposite of NPR; they talk about conspiracy theories and supernatural goings-on and such. On the website they have pictures that people have sent in of ghosts and UFOs and things, and I was getting a kick out of looking at them. So I happen upon a picture that someone has sent in from Salt Lake, and it freaked me out a little bit. It was this:

I couldn't really believe it since it was something so odd and I hadn't ever heard about it before. The next night I was out with Jay and Chelsee and Geoff, and I was telling Chelsee about it. She said she didn't completely believe that it was there because pictures are so easily manipulated, so we set out to find it. We found a site on the Internet that gave directions, thankfully, because it's in the Salt Lake Cemetery and we wouldn't have ever found it otherwise. And we drove almost directly to it, and the picture above is one that I took. It is, in fact, there.
I'm completely embarrassed by how scared I was driving into the cemetery. A bird cawed right outside my window that was rolled down, and I jumped so high it made Jay jump also. Chelsee and Geoffrey were totally making fun of me. And then, to make matters worse, I woke up in the middle of the night afterwards and was thinking about it. I was so scared I couldn't get back to sleep until I brought Kami into bed with me. She had been crying, I didn't actually go wake her up, but I'll admit I was grateful to have her with me.
I was more scared of the cemetery than I was of the gravestone; I find them so creepy that I think I might want to be cremated after I die. What I would like better is to not die at all, that's my first choice, and so being around it freaked me out.
ANYWAY, I'm posting about it because I'm wondering if anyone else has heard any stories or urban legends about this grave, or if it really is overlooked. I would imagine it would be one of the popular "ghost stories" you hear about in high school and go visit on Friday nights, but I didn't know anything about it. Anyone?

6 comments:

Kimba said...

Oh, Coast to Coast. Caleb's favorite indulgence. He used to make us both listen to it on our way home from Corvallis in Oregon (a good 25 min drive). He usually spent the time totally enthralled, and I spent it totally making fun of it. Although there were definitely some episodes that I was quiet.... :) And dude, that grave is there? Serious? With the right words and everything? Creepy....

Allie said...

Victim of THE BEAST!!! Mwwwwaaaahhhh!!
Please. =)

Chelsee said...

I was surprised that it was there, but it was more entertaining to me to see how scared you got and how Jay started recording in the graveyard to see if he could hear voices or taking pictures to see if anyone was actually in them. You guys are nuts. :)

Kelly said...

A cursory search of the internet yielded this blog:
http://www.geocities.com/cemeterylegends/blog.html
It seems to have some interesting thoughts and ideas on the subject. So how do you get to the grave? I've GOT to check it out!!

Kelly said...

Ooh, here's an even better one!
http://paranormal.about.com/od/hauntedplaces/a/aa102306.htm

Kelly said...

Last one, I swear. This is the best one I've found so far:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/129837/victim_of_the_beast_666_the_investigation.html?page=2