Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Working Girl

On Monday I started working full time, with my current shift being from 11-7, and so far it's been pretty miserable, mostly because over the weekend I've developed a cold, cough and runny nose. It's pretty sad because my doctor is sick as well, even though he hides it better than I do, so patients coming in get to be taken back by an MA who's obviously sick since the corners of her nose are red from all the wiping, and then get to be treated by a doctor who's voice is just a little lower than usual.

If I were the kind of person who believed that I've MADE myself sick to teach myself something (which I'm not, I pretty much figure I work in a doctor's office and we catch things sometimes) I would say that I'm sick because what I REALLY want is to be home with Kami. She's so fun, she's getting so verbal and she's practicing walking more every day. Honestly, while I'm at work I can't wait to go home because when I walk in the door she comes and gives me the biggest, longest hug. Then she pulls back, looks at me, laughs and hugs me again. I don't think there's anything better in the world.


But hopefully the bigger paycheck might make things a little nicer.

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

You forgot to mention that is also cuts into our Alias and ANTM time! :(

I love seeing how much Kameryn is changing and growing everyday. She really is the sweetest little girl. :)

Kimba said...

I can't imagine how hard that would be! Though I think that girl is smart enough to know that you're doing it for her. :)
I have to admit, that's an odd shift for a doctors office! Really, 7? Wow! At least you get some time in the morning with her, I love babies in the morning, they're so cuddly and warm....