Friday, May 04, 2007

A Slow Start

I made the goal for myself to get back into the habit of writing, and I wanted to start writing every day again in May. That lasted for the first day. But I'll start slowly if I have to because it's a habit I like to embrace, writing something at the end of every day.

Things at work have changed a little bit. Aside from Allison leaving, which TOTALLY sucks, one of my doctors also left to go work in another clinic, and so I've been working for one doctor with extended hours. I normally work from noon until close, which was at 5, but they've extended my shift until 7. I don't mind it, we've been so busy that it goes by really quickly. The only hard part is coming home and Jay needing to go straight to bed.

Kami had her one year appointment yesterday. She's 22 lbs and 30.5 inches. Not too surprisingly, she's in the 90th percentile for height. I decided to give her the 4 shots myself, even though I was dreading it. It's hard, as a mom, not to stand back and critique the other MAs while they're giving shots, and I don't like how they do it as much. Kami was tough and seemed to forgive me quickly. She cried, mostly because we were holding her down, and when I was finished and I picked her up she stopped.

So there's a May update for everyone, and I pronise to be better about writing, mostly for myself.

No comments: