Thursday, November 20, 2008

A List

Jay is the place that books go to die. He is CONSTANTLY reading, and he's always finishing one book and moving onto the next. Me, not so much. I LOVE to read, but don't make time for it like I know I should. SO...
I was thinking I'd like to compile a list of favorite books and make a goal to read them all before next November. What I'd like is for everyone who reads this post to let me know one of their favorite books in my comments, and I'll go off of that for my list! I'd love to get as many as possible, so everyone please comment!!!

11 comments:

Green Giant said...

I already gave you my book and i think it has sat on the nightstand for 6 months.

Abby said...

Soooo...I KNOW I say this like OVER and OVER again.
Gone With The Wind.
So, maybe not that big of a surprise.

Kjersti said...

So that means Daggerspell by Katherine Kerr. And Jay? LOSE THE ATTITUDE!

Chelsee said...

Kjersti, my favorite book that I have rea so far this year was White Oleander by Janet Finch. The writing is so beautiful and I like the storey even though its sad. Mom and I both listened to it, but it was amazing!

Kristen said...

If you want to try a book of poetry on for size, you could check out Rose by Li-Young Lee. I think you might really like it!

Darcy said...

Hmm, what do you like? The Expected One is really good, history mixed with a mistery. Very well written. Have you read the Twilight series? Very fast and easy reads. If you have, there is another series you might like, the first is "Marked" by P.C. Cast. I also just finished reading "The Broken Window". Very good, but I like mysteries.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cous.
If you want a single book then i suggest
DogsBody by Diana Wynne Jones
For a trilogy
Mistborn, The Well of Ascension, and The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
For a series
The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
(11 books and a prequel)

Good luck on your reading list!

Little Momma said...

I think I got Between A Rock and A Hard Place for you for Christmas one year and I don't know if you ever read it yet or not. If you didn't, that is my suggestion for a true story that will inspire you for life. For the first few weeks after I read it, everytime I would drink a nice, clear glass of water, I would say, "May Aaron Ralston never go thirsty again."

Allie said...

If I say Harry Potter, will you actually read it?

Kjersti said...

You could choose ONE.

Allie said...

Well, the third one, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkeban" is my favorite, but you KNOW I think people should start a series AT THE BEGINNING, as there is probably a reason that the books were written in a certain order! =)