Thursday, May 31, 2007

Love Letter, Month 13

(I started this blog before I left, and I didn't publish it hoping to add to it, but it's been so long that I figured this will do for now.)

It might sound weird, but sometimes I have to remind myself that you're still so little. There are other times that I'm accutely aware that you're just over a year old. You have so much personality and you can communicate so well that sometimes you seem 13 months going on 7 years old. As you get older and learn more, I've found that the more work you are and the more fun you are seem to balance each other out most times, and even though you're getting to the point that you throw fits when we take things away from you or you don't get what you want, it's also fun to see you walk and hear your expanding vocabulary.Our biggest news from the last month is that YOU LEARNED TO WALK!!! You took a few steps that first day, and you've been practicing and concentrating so hard on it ever since then. Now you can walk a good distance and a good speed without falling down. You still have your feet pretty far apart, it's obvious that you're new at it, but every day you're getting better. And you LOVE to learn. You love walking with us holding your hands or your fingers, as soon as you have a couple hands reassuring you, you practically run around. It's fun to see something that seems so simple make you so proud.You're learning to say more and more and to speak fairly clearly, and sometimes I wonder what the words you've learned to say mean about us as parents. This month you've learned to yell, "BOO!" Your dad and me always run around the house with you, one of us hiding and the other jumping out to scare the other two, so I know where you got it from and that you have a lot of fun with it. The other night Aunt Chelsee was over and you would crawl around the coffee table until you could see her and shout "Boo!" She would act like it scared her, and you would laugh and crawl around the coffee table to do it again.

Your other addition is "Belly" and you can say "Button" with it, but not with the same clarity. You surprised us one night when you stuck your finger in your dad's belly button and proudly declared "Belly!" And you've done it a lot since then, wanting to lift up shirts to find belly buttons and the quickly put them back down again.
I love you, baby girl. I especially love how you make everything more fun. Yesterday we were sitting on the couch and you came over and put your head on my shoulder. It was such a simple gesture, but it meant a lot to me. I'm so proud of you, and so happy with who you are and who you're becoming.

4 comments:

Allie said...

I always love reading your letters to Kami!

Danae said...

What a beatiful little girl! We say it over and over, but there really is nothing that compares to watching your children grow. I always knew Kameryn would be smart, but it still amazes me every time she learns something knew. I also really love how much she and Isaac love each other. It was so sweet when you got home from your vacation and all she wanted to do was to hug him and kiss him.

WE LOVE YOU, BIG GIRL!

Little Momma said...

Kameryn is also a pro now at carrying things while she is walking. I've even watched her drop something, bend down to pick it up and then continue walking. That takes a lot of balance. I am with Allison when she says that she loves reading your letters to her. And I love watching her learn all these new things. I feel my heart squeeze whenever she does something cute.

Chelsee said...

I love that she is getting better at talking, but my favorite is still when she laughs. The other night I would pretend to fall and it made her laugh so much I had to keep doing it and doing it until it wasn't really that funny to her anymore. She is so cute and I LOVE playing with her! :)

It was also really fun for me when you guys came back from your vacation to see how happy she was to see me again. When we were driving around in the car we turned on the CD that I made for Kjersti and were dancing together in the back seat. That was fun.