Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Change We Seek


I feel like I'm in a little bit of shock. Last night I was so excited thinking about Obama winning that I couldn't sleep. I had a ton of things running through my mind that I could say and blog about. And tonight, it's a reality, he really is the President-elect, and I find that I'm a little bit speechless.
I was so proud to sit and watch his acceptance speech with my daughters. I'm proud of the change the majority our country is willing and excited to embrace.
I've heard a lot of people ask what exactly Barack Obama is going to change. They seem skeptical that he can do as much as he claims he can. And on that front, all of us get to wait and see together.
But personally, his campaign and his win have already changed me. This is the first time I've really paid attention to politics. This is the first time I've made listening to the candidates a priority. After being SO disappointed with Bush for the last 8 years and cringing anytime I heard him speak, I didn't think that I would ever be interested in politics again. Now, because of Obama I want to learn a lot of the stuff I couldn't have cared less about before. And I suspect it's a change that will stick with me. I don't think I'll be comfortable with being ignorant anymore.

3 comments:

Liv said...

Hey, I totally feel the same way! I was apathetic before because Bush is so... blah. But now I'm interested in politics again!!

Yea for change!!

L Chang said...

It was truly an amazing evening! I always saw you as a politically savy person. Let me know when you want my vote!

Chelsee said...

Kennedy said that Obama's speech was amazing. I need to go look it up and watch it since I was working while he was giving it. Oh well. Go Obama!! :)