This is a secret that I say partially kidding, but mostly serious.
Kameryn is very stubborn. She likes things her way and cries when they're not that way. She says what's on her mind, and isn't easily persuaded into doing things she doesn't want to do.
Essentially, she's two.
And sometimes when I get really frustrated with her, I think that in her last life, Kameryn was one of those wives who were silenced by their husbands and by society. The kind that makes dinner every night even though she hated it, and did laundry for her family instead of doing anything for herself. She lived through her kids and was brokenhearted when they left because she didn't know what to do with herself.
And when she died, she vowed that she wouldn't be silenced like that again.
When I think about it that way, I want to cheer her on.
And hey, even if it's all a joke and she's really just a stubborn kid, maybe me trying to understand instead of always just fighting her might make it so she doesn't end up like that woman.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Dude. That is totally cheating.
I write what day it is and publish the post when it starts getting late so that the date won't change while I'm blogging. If you ever see it like that, you can be assured that I'm working on it, so you can check back later.
ok, sweet.
here's my take on Kameryn and get ready because this may come as a shock:
She is her MOTHER'S CHILD.
;)
She's 2 AND she's her mother's child. Double whammy. :)
You reminded me of that friend on Dangerous Beauty. You are awesome and see great things in things that are usually frustrating for most people. Go you!
Very wise and well-said.
Post a Comment