Sunday, February 25, 2007

Camping

(Yep, that's right, my dates skipped from Friday to Sunday at two in the morning. Jay and I were talking about some serious stuff last night, and it seemed like a bad idea to go blog afterwards. He wanted me to because he said he knew I'd be mad at myself if I missed a day, and he was right. That's why I'm up at 3:30 in the morning! Please excuse any spelling or grammer issues, and if this blog is incoherant.)

This afternoon we, along with Jay's parents, made some final reservations for a trip the beginning of June. We're going to drive over to Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, and while we're there we'll see the Badlands, and they're a couple of caves I really want to go see, Jewel Cave, I think it was called, and Ice Cave. They talked in a magazine we were reading about how Jewel Cave has these little stones that look like popcorn all over, and Ice Cave is the 6th largest in the world! I'm really excited to go and see all of it, the only hitch is that for most of the trip, we'll be a tent.
The Ertmanns are big campers, they tell me all the time that they first took Jay camping when he was just a few weeks old. I think I can count the number of times we got our tent out on one hand, and really, that was okay with me. I would much rather sleep in a motel than in a tent. But I'm being colonized a little bit on this one, and I really hope it works for us and that Kameryn will cooperate with us having her sleep on the ground for a few nights. Hopefully she got that from her dad.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

I also am a little...well...girlie I guess, cause I LOVE a bed. :) But camping is fun, and I think you and Jay and Kameryn will have a blast in your little tent. PLUS? All of those cool places!? You'd BETTER be taking a bunch of pics and posting them. I sorta get all nostalgic when I think of driving cross-country into such a remote place. :) And look at your determination! 2 am! I salute you. :)