This will be yet another post that I brag about my daughter, and I'm not ashamed.
We went over to Danae and Gary's house tonight to hang out with them, and they had left to go grab some pizza leaving us with both babies. Kameryn was SO TIRED all night but anytime we got her to hold still and drink her bottle her eyelids would slowly close and then she'd sit straight up and push the bottle away.
Well, instead of sleeping she was whining, because that's obviously the better choice. She wouldn't stop for any distraction I put in front of her, and I was starting to get really frustrated when I had an idea, or more of an epiphany:
Teach her to crawl up the stairs.
I had read in my "Your Babies First Year" book that it's a good idea to teach your kids to go up and down stairs at this age, but our apartment doesn't give us the opportunity, and mom's house seems like a harsh teacher. So Danae's house was the answer.
I took her over and was showing her how to do it, helping her do it with me moving her arms and legs, and then showing her how I could do it. It didn't take long at all and she was standing, then moving one knee up, than the other knee, and then standing on the second step! She TOTALLY GOT IT! My baby is a genius!
The last step was putting Mr. Quackers (her favorite stuffed duck) up about 4 stairs and she would climb them in a hurry to go get her friend. Jay and I were so proud of her! Our smartest girl!
Next in line: potty training!
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HOORAY KAMERYN!!! She is SO smart!
Crawling UP THE STAIRS?! At Christmas she was just learning! SLOW DOWN KAMERYN! YOU'RE GETTING TOO BIG!!!
But way to go anyway, it's obvious you're going to be one smart cookie!
She's the best baby girl ever! I'm glad my stairs could contribute to Kameryn's development. :) She really is SO FREAKING SMART.
She's the best baby girl ever! I'm glad my stairs could contribute to Kameryn's development. :) She really is SO FREAKING SMART.
Post a Comment