Friday, February 16, 2007

What's a couple of years, anyway?

I don't know what it was exactly, but two nights ago I decided I was going to get over my fear and embarassment and make a call that is 2+ years overdue.

And then I quickly decided that, "No, I won't make this call, but I'll talk Jay into making it because I am motivated, but completely humiliated."

But, in my defense, Jay made the call and had to leave a message. When she called back tonight, I was the one who answered the phone and handled the situation. It sounded something like this:

Me, patheticly: "My name is Kjersti, you made our wedding video in 2004."
To which she responded in her completely sweet and chipper way, "Yeah, it's done!"
Which is something I kinda figured, I didn't think it took 2 years to make a wedding video, just two years for slackers such as Jay and I to contact her and finish paying for it so we can see it. FOR THE FIRST TIME.

So she's actually coming over tomorrow to pick up some pictures so she can finish the cover and get it to us, and I'm totally embarassed. In fact, anytime I watch Court TV and people sue stores for throwing their stuff away after leaving it for months and months, and the judge ALWAYS rules with the stores because the stuff has been abandoned, I slide down on my couch a little bit and try to hide. Luckilly, our videographer was patient. REALLY patient. Yes, rediculously patient.

And despite the embarassment for such obvious reasons, I can't tell you how excited I am to see it. I think it might actually be more fun to watch it now than it would've been to watch it right afterwards because of all the details we've probably forgotten in a day that took 10 months to plan and then was over so quickly.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

I want to see it! Because uh, I was inconveniently IN AUSTRALIA. Even to this day I hate myself for not going a semester earlier or later. HATE HATE HATE. I will however, feel slightly better if I can see that video! :)
And my eye caught something else too...10 mths to plan? I kinda wish I'd had more than two...

Chelsee said...

I want to see it too! I didn't realize that you didn't have one yet! :)

Danae said...

I am so proud of you for getting this done! I am way excited to see it... your wedding day was SUCH a beautiful day... and you two looked great! Let me know when it gets here...