Tonight ended up being a good night after all. It was Jay's dad's 60th birthday, and we went up tonight to make them dinner and watch a movie. I have to say, I wasn't excited about it at all. I had imagined spening Saturday night at the dollar theatre, and that plan became "hang out with the in-laws."
I think the first thing that made me change my mind was writing in the birthday card. We left it at home on accident and I had a chance to sit quietly by myself and think about Jay's dad and what I like about him. There are SO MANY things, and as I sat there and thought about it, it became really clear to me that I didn't want to miss out on his birthday.
So we went up tonight, and we ate a great meal and laughed a lot. Jay even managed to sneak upstairs at one point to call his brother and remind him of his dad's birthday, which he had totally forgotten.
I don't know for sure, but I think Jay's dad had a good night. And that made me feel really good.
Then, on the way home I saw a shooting star. I haven't seen one for years. It made me totally giddy. And I made a REALLY good wish.
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment