This picture sums up the whole experience really well: Kami was delighted to see the animals, and we were delighted watching her see the animals.
I've always kinda felt the same way about people taking pictures of animals at the zoo the same way I feel about people taking pictures by trees. But I swear, there's something in the water because once I got there, I was one of them, snapping away. This was the first animal Kami saw and squealed about, the Sand Cat. You'll notice they're aren't any pictures of the elephants or rhinos because they really scared her.Wednesday, March 21, 2007
THE ZOO!
As you know, for my birthday we went to the zoo. I like the zoo every now and again, but I mainly wanted to go to see Kameryn's reactions to things. She totally made it worth it by waving to the different animals, blowing them kisses and sometimes when she would see the animals in their cages she would let out a delighted squeal! Here are the pictures, as promised:
This is us first arriving. I was one of those moms who spent the first 20 minutes of our time standing in line at the gift shop getting sunscreen for Kami and me. If she ends up having skin like mine, it was worth it because we left sunburn free.
This is Kami waving to the monkeys.
This is one of the monkeys in question.




Some of Kami's reactions.
This is how she would blow the animals kisses, which right now looks more like "Suck on my fingers and then try and touch the glass on the cages."
I had originally thought that the monkeys would be Kameryn's favorite part of the zoo, but I was wrong. The one thing she loved more than anything else were these cats. She loved sitting on them, and cried when we finally walked away to look at more of the live animals.
This guy is a red Panda. I don't know if I've ever seen one before, and he was pretty cool.
Kameryn was so tired by the end that she could barely keep her eyes open, and she fell completely asleep as we were walking back up to the car. It was worth it, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sigh........it was everything I hoped it would be! :) It's funny how you look at pictures of little kids making faces, and you laugh, and then kinda find yourself making those same faces....or is that just me? I think my favorite "Kami Reaction" was when she had her mouth WIDE open...so adorable. Seriously Kjersti, I don't think she could get any more adorable.
And then you post another picture, and I'm always proved wrong!! SO CUTE.
These pictures are really good, Kjersti! Gosh, you and Chelsee take the cake. Thanks for sharing these! My computer at work is loaded with all of the pictures you guys keep posting. I love it! So fun!
So freakin' CUTE!! That new camera... WORTH IT! :)
Post a Comment