
Ten months old and not a tooth in sight. The last month hasn't been so much about all the new things that Kameryn has started doing, but instead about her taking the things she already knows how to do and perfecting them. She started the month out being able to pull herself up, but was really wobbly and things had to be in just the right spot for her to attempt it. Now, she's practically a pro. We even bought her little shoes in anticipation of her walking along the furniture and then walking by herself, but she hates them and can have the first one off before we have the second one on. Just one more way she's like her mom.
Kameryn is also working on talking. She's been saying "Dada," "Mama" and "Baba" for awhile now, but now when she says them she also seems to understand the meaning behind them. She also has started nodding her head yes and shaking her head no, even though the no seems to come through much more often.

And of course, she has become the Master Stair Climber. I actually am a little surprised with how well she does and how easilly she remembers since we don't have stairs in our apartment, but she's awesome at it. Now we just need to teach her to go down.

Kameryn is also getting really good at imitation. We're trying to teach her the different places on her face; nose, eyes and mouth. After we've been pointing out someone's nose for long enough she'll reach out and touch it, which I think is impressive. I think the most endearing thing I've seen in this last month is Kameryn with Mr. Quackers. She loves to hug and kiss him, and does it everytime she sees him, but lately she's started putting him over her shoulder a bit and patting him on the back like she sees us do to Isaac. I'm completely amazed by how much she's learning, even when we're not intending to teach her anything.

One thing that I don't think will ever change is how much of a little lover Kami is. She still is giving kisses all the time, sometimes multiples, and if she REALLY means it she pushes her mouth really hard against your face to demonstrate how GLAD she is to FINALLY be kissing you.

This is, of course, the special "your entire nose in my mouth" kiss. You have to mean a lot to her to get that one.

And this is the "I can even kiss you while dangling above you" kiss, another specialty.
Along with loving her aunts she still loves her cousin. She laughs when she sees him and still loves to touch and kiss him. And he's getting so big, too. This month he'll be as old as Kameryn was when he was born. I can't believe how fast the time goes.

A couple weeks ago Jay and I started keeping count of all the people who would wave at Kameryn that didn't know her, in stores or where ever, and we were surprised by how many people talk to her and wave to her. I was especially shocked by how many guys will stop to wave at her, and old men who talk to her and tell us stories about their kids when they were Kameryn's age. I think there's something about Kameryn that draws people to her, and I think it will as she grows up.
When I first brought Kameryn home I remember just taking the time to stare at her. I loved her ears and her tiny fingers and toes, but I was especially awed by things like the veins underneath her skin and listening to her heart beat. It's easy to believe in miracles when you know that you made such a perfect baby.
Now I'm no less awed by her, but I also am completely entertained by her and her huge personality that keeps coming out in boatloads as she gets older. She's stubborn, but she's really funny and loves to laugh. She loves to explore and make friends and see the people she loves.

Once again I end by saying that I love this baby so much and I'm so proud of her. I miss her when I'm not around. Dooce said it on her blog about her daughter, but it's true for us too; even after Jay and I first put her to bed and we're alone we can't help but talk about the crazy things she's done during the day, because we miss her already.
2 comments:
This is so cute!!! I love all of the pictures! Thanks for sharing them with me! I love her so much too! It has been really nice to see her practically everyday this week! I think she likes it too. :)
I'm gonna cry!! Seriously! She's so adorable!!!! I love when you write these, it's so fun to hear how much she's changing and growing and learning. I can't wait to come back again and see you guys! And I LOVE that she has a Mr. Quackers. And the patting on the shoulder?! SO cute. Sigh.....
Post a Comment